Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mal comune...

I’m going to be selfish and (fill the gap with any suitable word for the case), because I have found out that most of my colleagues have to resubmit their background assignment, just like yours truly. Phew! It does make me feel a lot better, especially when all sorts of insecurities and doubts over my abilities came to mind and obsessed me for a couple of days (that is, until the next session when I found out about it). So, no more depression, I am working on the assignment, trying to finish the one related to the experimental practice, and generally cursing my terrible choice of starting my LSA1 with a bottom-up exercise when I could have easily just followed the flow and gone for a traditional top-down activity, like I always do: what was I thinking???
Anyway, no sense in thinking over things past, better get going and work for a better future.

Speaking of which, my horrible students have left at last: HURRAY! On Thursday I experimented the authentic material lesson I had carefully planned, and was observed for part of it, so that I could get some sympathy over their “horribility”, but the observation went well, so I am happy; and on Friday, the last day with them, I even received flowers! Fancy that. Flowers to thank me, because I taught them lots of interesting and useful lessons, they think, and for my patience… Their words! Oh, well, this is why I do it, as we say. But I am certainly glad they are good and gone, and am now preparing for a couple of weeks of…who knows?
Well, I should be doing S2 now, but there are no students, as there was only one, as part of the Czech military, so I guess I am on hold in case a teacher calls in sick; also, I hope I can take some of this time to observe some of my more experiences colleagues… However, this doesn’t sound likely, as ex-academic manager, on roll list for a couple of weeks now, hasn’t shown up, so we’ve all been covering his classes, and something tells me that yours truly will, once again, be deep in covering for two long weeks; then again, if I am not mistaken, his class was the S3, also Czech militaries, so there shouldn’t be anyone there, now. Uhm… Well it will be interesting to go to school tomorrow…
An in the afternoon, after some 2 and a half months on short courses, I’ll be back on long, teaching L4, which includes, regrettably, my Czech housemate with the really bad voice (sorry, I am so bad and will go to hell, but she really has an irritating voice); however, it’s only for 8 lessons, because long courses have Wednesday afternoons free, and so will I! And the first two lessons are ready, as on Thursday they have their PET or KET test, so I will be preparing them, and have nothing to worry about.

Boy, Christmas is coming fast, and I can’t wait, to be honest, and not because I will be relaxing and stuffing my face, no, but because I’ll have more time to study and prepare…well, everything, really, not just my LSA2, but also stuff for module 1 (phonology and methodology, how exciting) and for the extended assignment of module 3. The Cambridge guys are sooo damn strict it scares me, which is why I cherish the whole month of unemployment that I am now facing, so that I will have more time to study, really.
I do wish I could have taken a few months off to do this course properly, or just affording to work part-time, but unfortunately, as most things in my life, suffering is what I have to do.
Only joking. The truth is, I believe that what doesn’t kill you, simply makes you (ta-dah!) stronger.
So, deep breath, and go!

No comments:

Post a Comment