Monday, November 09, 2009

And the countdown is...

So, Wednesday is the big day of the first observation, or LSA1.
Checklist:

- background assignment: completed
- material for appendix: prepared
- cover sheet for lesson plan: ready
- lesson plan: done
- material for the lesson: photocopied, stapled, clipped, ready
- board plan: clear in my mind... Ok, I'll prepare it now, just as a back-up (we're doing prepositions, can't be too difficult, but better be prepared..)

Ultimately, I am ready, and feel ready, if only for a couple of details, such as the fact that I am not teaching anything special in language, so there is no word study in my cover sheet about it, only collocations...Got to ask about that...
And also, I have to borrow two students from L3, so that I'll have the right number for my lesson to be valid... I have a taught those guy before, and was thinking of going to their class tomorrow and asking two volunteers, rather than asking the teacher to blindly giving me two students who have no clue of what's going on... Still, it's scary because most of the guys in that class are Arabic, and this means that my assumptions on their knowledge would be rough, rather than spot-on. I can only cross my fingers...

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment