Wednesday, November 11, 2009

LSA1: how was it, then?

Well, I have some very nice colleagues who've supported me all along all morning, so, thank you all!
(except the poor sod, the sad bastard, the pathetic git, who had nothing better to do than tell me that to use my flashdrive on the computer in the staff room I had to scan it first... as if anyone in that office has ever done it or will ever do! But hey, I guess today it was my turn to be bullied).

Then, the lesson itself went well, with only a couple of minor slips:
one, I miscalculated the time, but mostly due to the presence of my borrowed students from L3, lovely guys that I wish I could have all the time, and who were very talkative, very responsive, very VERY! I wish my usual guys, after seeing how a lesson should go, started being real students from tomorrow... Unfortunately, hopes are low..
Problem number two, and I've been kicking myself since I found out, I had prepared a list of verbs and prepositions... and used the wrong preposition in one of the examples! I still can't believe I did that. Of course, when you've spent two weeks working on the background assignment, on the lesson plan, on the cover sheets, on the class profile, on the students' profile, on the materials, on the tasks... and at the same time you've tried to teach 8.30-15.30, well, I guess a slip can happen, I'm only human.
Still, it will bug me for eternity. I am one of those people with a horribly good memory, who remember every tiny detail of their life, and whereas the good memories haunt you because they've gone and you cannot have them again, the bad memories haunt you because you're still going crazy at how you could have done better, or said something different, or whatever.
The lesson of the day is: LSA1 is finished and gone, I am happy about it, I haven't made major mistakes that will cost me, and I am pretty proud that I survived, and that I was the bravest in the group, who chose (CHOSE!) to be observed first! A pat on the back and a high-five for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment