Monday, October 19, 2009

Diagnostic observation and a blinding headache

...This should be enough to say how it went...
Allegedly due to a chocolate overdose, I woke up with a really bad headache; sum it to the stress of being observed; with the stress of having no clue of what I was going to teach in my PM lesson; with the drop in temperatures (but god willing no rain yet..keep your fingers crossed); with the mounting anger at the thought that annoying old teacher has taken my seat, and annoying old teacher number 2 is back from his holiday so has (justly) claimed his seat back, therefore yours truly is currently seat-less, well, put all this together and you have the explanation of my headache.
All considered, though, it didn't go that bad: I had backup stuff, because once again I had miscalculated the times (how could I? It was all going well, and all of a sudden I still had 30 minutes to go instead of the 15 I had planned!), but this shows the ability of thinking ahead to possible emergencies and having a plan B ready at hand; my grammar explanation didn't take as long as I expected, because the guys had a clear idea of what was going on, and no problems whatsoever, although in the end they didn't really use the target language as my objective clearly stated in the lesson plan... Oh, well.
Ultimately, things that I would change in this lesson plan: I'd have a better board-work. But honestly, there was a good one in my mind, and my mind wasn't functioning because of the flicking headache! So, action plan: prepare a written board-work for this kind of stuff, just in case migraine strikes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment