Tuesday, November 23, 2010

When the game gets tough...(time for module 3).

So, finally I meet my tutor, just for a chat. I kind of expect some feedback on module 2 and 3, because after all, I have prepared a whole new observed lesson without knowing what went wrong with the one before, so I am left in the dark as to whether this was more like what they wanted to see...Anyway.
It appears that Cambridge can't be bothered to give feedback to candidates: so, when up to last year module 3 would come back with a bit of a list of things that could make it better, from this year it doesn't even come back, Cambridge just says "pass/fail", and that's about it. Clearly one essential criteria to pass a Delta is to be psychic and be able to read in their minds...
If this wasn't enough, the deadline to submit the new improved version of module 3 is...November 30th. Which leaves me with a week, really, to do my work, read the assignment again, try to understand how it could be improved, re-write it, and submit it. But there are so many questions that we don't know the answer to, such as:
- can I actually provide a new course plan? And doesn't this mean that in the meantime I have modified my previous one, taught it, and now I am talking about it?
- Do I actually have to teach the course, then, or is it fine if I am just discussing the possibility of teaching something like this?
- In that case, how am I supposed to assess criteria such as validity and reliability and the whole lot, if I haven't actually tested it on a class? (not that it would make much of a difference to me, really, since I didn't teach my other one either...well I did, only two months AFTER I submitted the assignment!)

...I guess I would have more questions if I wasted time thinking about it...but being an action girl, let's get down to work and see what I can do for now, considering that I have half forgotten most of it...oh, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment