Thursday, November 18, 2010

Over and done with? LSA4 -reload

The assessor arrives at 10 o'clock...of course, my tutor had said 10.30, which sounded strange, but nevertheless..then again, my tutors have never been quite reliable..
I am beyond agitated, and have revised, practised, rehearsed the lesson a million times, checked the assignment and cover sheet, the worksheet, the teacher's copy, the lesson plan (improved), and everything is fine, and looks good. At breaktime I check the dvd, the cd player, everything works fine, and I am feeling well.
The lesson begins, and it goes so well, so well! Responsive, cooperative students, and they do notice so many things, and practice so eagerly, and enjoy everything, and there is laughter, seriousness, a bit of this and a bit of that, I feel pretty well, and eventually the assessor leaves, big smile on his face.
I am shaking, and the feedback from the students is so good: the Korean girl is happy because she has noticed stress which she had never noticed before; the Turkish and Arabic are very happy too, for the film, the listening, all the noticing activities. Everyone else is pretty satisfied too, and the box of "Celebrations" is perfect to conclude the lesson.

I have now spent 4 hours watching tv, having enjoyed a salmon bagel, mango, and a mini chocolate mousse, because I need a reward for having survived yet another challenge. Hopefully now I have done enough... I couldn't stop smiling when I left the school, and am elated at the idea that I am done with module 2, fingers crossed of course, and from next week I'll be working on the improved version of my module 3.
So, module one - check. Module two - check. Nearly there.

Meanwhile, on Monday I have the second interview for the management job, and after that I have an interview for a teaching position which could evolve into an ADOS position...more fingers crossed, I guess... But it means going back to Bournemouth, which is exactly what I want and need. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment