Sunday, April 25, 2010

When you have a word limit....

..there's little that you can do.
So, even though I have been told to include one more author in my assignment, by mentioning him in my paragraph about memorising vocabulary...ahem...well it's not possible, ok? Not when you have already written 2376 words, and you have to add some parts to the linguistic analysis, because (for no reason whatsoever) you need to say that Spanish speakers would say /kukear/ instead of /kuke/ (pretend there are schwas in the right place). Why should I talk about Spanish pro? I have no Spanish in my class, never have!
Anyway, all this adding useless info for the sake of it has made me go way beyond the word limit, so I spent almost 2 hours trimming and working away, trying to say what needed to be said within 2500 words.
I have 2479 words. And the shortest conclusion ever seen. Fact is, I cannot squeeze in different frameworks now, and it will have to be a general, sum-it-all-up kind of conclusion. I don't care. The analysis, the issues and solutions, the appendices, the bibliography, it's all fine, the word count spot on. Do we really care about 5 lines???

In other news, I have been moved to L4.3, because you can only do so much when dealing with traditionalist Arabs who think they are the leaders in class, and assign homework to the other students! My patience, proverbially endless, has actually come to an end after 2 months of bearing with this guy. And I certainly am not up for more frustration and lessons that go wrong because the idiot thinks he knows more than everyone else, and he even wants to tell me how to behave with students or what to teach in class.

And finally, in two weeks I'll be on holiday, having survived the external observation and being four weeks away from the end of it all. My, I really can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment