Saturday, August 08, 2009

What am I doing next week?

On the bus to town, the phone rings: oh, no. All day in my room half wasting time on Internet and half actually "working", and waiting for that call, and when I was sure that no call would come, I finally left, ready for a night out with ex-colleagues I haven't seen in ages.
Halfway to the centre, and the phone rings, and my inability to hold telephone conversations is once more made clear... Bus noise, traffice noise, Guy from Language School speaking too fast, half muttering and making jokes at the same time and laughing...hate telephone calls!
Something about an ex-colleague who (may have? has for sure? can offer?) a place in town for the three weeks I am going to be in Bournemouth, why don't I ring her and talk to her and see and then he will call me back to see if things have worked out?
Ehm........ Ok, whatever! What's the number? Just tell me, I'll pretend to write it down and end the call as soon as possible so I can type it on my mobile and hope I remember it right!
Just as I'm doing that and wondering what exactly to ask the unknown woman in Bournemouth, I am stopped by ex-Italian housemate, and, Italian-style, we spend the next 20 minutes just catching up with the past months, while people pass us by. It's really nice, honest! It's like being home again, and it feels: good; strange; interesting; exciting.

Following: night out with ex-colleagues, catching up, telling stories, laughing, taking a few pictures, having a really damn good time!

So, I don't know what I am doing next week: got an email from Guy from Language School and he will call me again today (oh, no!!!), and I've emailed him asking those tiny details that would actually be useful, such as: when am I supposed to start exactly? What level, what kind of students, how many hours??? Why haven't you told me before??? Lots of question marks necessary here...

It's a sunny day here, and I am going out for a long relaxing day in town, in and out of shops, library, a coffee, maybe the beach... And tomorrow, Long Time No See Friend from Holland is coming to visit, after 8 years.
Things are actually going fine, for the first time in months.

It's so good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment