Saturday, August 08, 2009

Every new experience begins with a huge mess

...at least that's what I've learnt.

After a phone call and two messages, and a loooong useless call to a retired EFL teacher, it seems that:

1. I am supposed to start working on Monday morning
2. Level unknown, student group unknown, hours unknown, programme unknown, coursebooks unknown, salary unknown... Ok, I think you understand.
3. I will be working 15 hours a week (Guy from Language School started saying 21, then moved on to a confused explanation of how in reality they will be 15...maybe he did explain it properly, but have I said how I hate phone calls because I don't understand people clearly enough???)

Ok, ok...No ranting this time: it's been a positive day, I've found a room for next month in a good location, and all that, I've enjoyed the lovely sunshine, the music, the LIFE, and I'm sure that things will work out eventually, as they always do.

I really need to get back into serious writing: haven't done it in a looooong time. I do feel rusty and wobbly as I type these words. It's like...trying to speak a language you haven't spoken for some time, and you know it's there, but cannot reach it yet; so, practice, practice!

And apologies for the first confusing, not so good posts: they will get better - promise:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment