Monday, March 15, 2010

Observation week

Yes, because if I didn't have enough, I am going to be observed tomorrow by one of the head teachers, in preparation for the British Council Inspection (it must be me: every school I go to receives notice for an inspection...clearly, they're after me), and then on Thursday I have LSA3...
As always, the thing with these observations is that you prepare so thoroughly for the 60 minutes with the tutor or whoever it is, and then you are left alone, wondering how to fill in the other 30 minutes, and in my case, the other 90 minutes after the break too!
Oh, well...

In other news, we are working on module 3, with a bit of cheating, I confess, as the commentary to the needs analysis is almost ready...but the needs analysis questionnaire hasn't even been given to the class! So I am half making things up, half writing stuff I have noticed in my class, where a full immersion, 3 hours a day 5 days a week, is always a good way to gather data, considering how they like to tell me about their needs and wants, and their studies in the UK and whatnot. So,
not so much cheating as anticipating the results...

And finally, being St Patrick's day on Wednesday, we have a useful (was going to write "interesting", but I'm afraid it will be kind of boring) lesson about it, which will be a good excuse to show some Michael Flatley to my boys in L4...What I wouldn't do to spread the word...

No comments:

Post a Comment